22 Jun Part 4: Peace and Joy
Peace and Joy are a portion of our inheritance as children of God. The kind of peace and joy only God can give and sustain regardless of our circumstances.
Below are Bible verses to help you claim what’s yours.
- John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid.”
- Job 22:21 “Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you. Accept instruction from his mouth and lay up his words in your heart.
- Luke 2:13-14 “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!
- 2Corinthians 13:11“Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another, agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.”
- Philippians 4:6-7 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Psalm 4:8 “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.”
- Ecclesiastes 9:7: Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.
- Proverbs: 20:28: The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing.
- 1 Peter 1:8-9: Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
- Romans 15:13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Colossians 3:15: Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
- Galatians 5:22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.
- Philippians 4:7:And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalms 29:11:The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.
- John 16:33:“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”