09 May part 2 – faith
I previously posted a set of scriptures on what should be our attitude as we approach the throne of God in prayer. In this post, I emphasize on having a firm Faith. Let us be persuaded that whatever we ask in Faith, God will do it. If you desire to have a stronger Faith and experience the supernatural, it is possible and it is your portion as a child of The Most High God. The Bible says that a measure of Faith has been given to each of us – which implies that our Faith can increase. It can be built up and be taken to a higher dimension.
This is what The Bible says about Faith:
- Hebrews 11:6 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him.
- Hebrews 11:1 – 11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
- 2 Corinthians 5:7 – 7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
- Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.
- Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
- Mark 11:22-24 And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours
- Romans 4:16-22 16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.”[a] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not. 18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”[b] 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. 22 This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.”
- 1 Corinthians 2:5: That your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
- Ephesians 2:8-9: For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
- Luke 1:37: For nothing will be impossible with God.
- Proverbs 3:5-6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Philippians 4:13: I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- Psalms 46:10: “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”
- 2 Timothy 4:7: I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
- Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.